All of us use YouTube in our daily life for entertainment, or information purposes, there are more than 2.3 billion users of YouTube globally.
Some people use this social media platform to earn as well, we make YouTube channels, create content that clicks on viewers’ minds, and eventually, we earn from our YouTube channel.
YouTube crashing is a major problem reported by many YouTube application users, it is frustrating as it affects the normal and smooth working of YouTube.
If you are also facing this problem then you might be wondering about the solutions to fix YouTube crashing, guess what? You are going to find easy and simple methods to fix it in this article, but let’s discuss the reasons first that cause YouTube to crash repeatedly.
Reasons That Cause YouTube to Crash
- You might be using an outdated version of the YouTube application.
- There might be a lot of cache and cookies in your browser for the YouTube application.
- You might be using a VPN and YouTube application at the same time.
- There might be multiple applications running in the background causing some to crash.
- There might be some maintenance problems in the application.
Solutions to solve YouTube Ctrashing
1. Try Restarting the Device
Well, it is good to start with the easiest solution first, sometimes multiple applications are running in the background will cause some of the applications to crash, YouTube crash too.
It would be really good if you exit from all of the applications and consider restarting your device, most of the time this simple method resolves the YouTube crashing issue by giving your device a fresh restart.
To restart your device
- Try pressing and holding the power button for few seconds till you see two options
- ‘Power Off’, and ‘Restart’
- Go for ‘Restart’
2. Try Restarting the Application
You can also go for a YouTube application restart, this solution will also refresh your device by giving some rest to it, all you have to do is to exit from the YouTube application and follow to steps mentioned below.
- Go to your device’s settings
- Hit ‘Apps and Notifications’
- Search from YouTube in the list of apps and open it
- After that hit ‘Force close’ or ‘Force Stop’
- Restart your device and go to YouTube again, if it still crashes try another solution
3. Try Checking the YouTube Server
If the above solutions do not work, you should try checking YouTube’s server maybe there are some maintenance problems and the team is working on it, and therefore they down the server or whatsoever.
You can check the status of the application from YouTube’s official Twitter page or you can also use some websites that show the status of the YouTube application.
If this solution doesn’t work either, you can move to other solutions to fix the YouTube crashing problem.
4. Try Turning Off the VPN
If you are using a VPN on your device and facing a YouTube crashing problem, then this is a call to turn off your VPN.
This is because the VPN will interrupt the connection by altering the IP address of your device and keeping your identity anonymous.
If that’s the case you should turn off the VPN and restart your device to check if the problem persists or is gone, if it persists try another solution.
5, Try Clearing Cache and Cookies of Youtube
Removing cache and cookies will help remove all the dead and stuck stored data files, those files make a YouTube application crash frequently, to avoid this it is suggested to remove cache and cookies of YouTube frequently.
To remove cache and cookies
- Go to your device’s settings
- Hit ‘Apps and Notification’
- Search for ‘YouTube’ from the list of applications
- Open Storage of YouTube application
- Hit ‘Clear Cache and Cookies’ and you are good to go
Most of the time removing cache and cookies fix YouTube crashing problems, after removing them try restarting your device for the best results.
6. Try Uninstall and Reinstall the YouTube Application
If clearing cache and cookies have not worked then don’t get yourself worry, you can try this simple solution.
You need to
- You need to uninstall the YouTube application from settings or in a traditional way
- After that, reinstall it from PlayStore or AppStore depending on whatever device you are using
- Once you are done reinstalling it, fill in YouTube credentials and start using the application
7. Try Using an Updated App Version
Every application including YouTube releases its latest version which covers the drawbacks of previous versions, and it is more preferable to use updated versions.
If you are using an outdated version of the YouTube application, upgrade it to the latest one available to fix all the YouTube problems.
Update method for android users
- Go to the ‘Google Play Store’ and hit the ‘Menu’ button
- Hit ‘My Apps and Games’ to check all the available updates
- If you see an update for YouTube, go for the ‘Update’ button
Update method for IOS users
- Go to the ‘App Store’ on your device
- Hit ‘Updates’
- Look for a YouTube update, if there is an update available go for it
After updating the version of the YouTube application, check for the problem, hopefully, it has gone, and if not try another method.
8. Try Factory Reset Setting
If all of the above-mentioned solutions failed to make your YouTube application gain its normal and smooth functionality you can try this last solution to make it work.
By factory resetting your device, you can lose all of the important data files, though it will remove all the errors from your device, and it is suggested to create a backup of your data files before the factory resting it.
For factory reset
- Go to your device’s settings
- Search for the ‘‘Backup & Reset’’ option, and hit it
- Go to ‘’Factory data reset’’
- Click on the ‘’Reset phone’’ option, and you are good to go
By doing this your device will be reset and fresh as new, and you can log in with all the credentials.
YouTube crashing problem is very common now, people are easily get annoyed with this problem, this article covers all the possible reasons and solutions to fix and avoid this problem, give this article a read, hope you will find it helpful.