We all know that nature and plants are the best way to escape from the hustle and bustle of this modern life. Spending time in nature rejuvenates your mind, body, and soul; and having plants in your surroundings exhibits a similar effect on us. They are the best way to de-stress us; in fact, there are few plants that actually radiate positive vibrations into the surrounding environment. That is why plants are high in demand these days when it comes to the aspect of interior design.
If you want to place plants in your indoor and outdoor space, patio, or backyard then the best way is to install them in pots and place those pots wherever you wish to. When we talk about the pots that are used for plants, there is a wide array of varieties available to choose from. You will find variety in shapes, materials, designs, colors, and sizes; you have the complete freedom to choose whatever you like.
If we talk about the best and famous shape that is in trend these days, then square pots would definitely win over others. They are not only loved by gardening enthusiasts but also by homeowners and designers as well for various reasons.
- Firstly, they easily go with all types of décor and theme. You can easily place them in your outdoor or indoor, that is why they are extensively used in various hotels and other plush properties. When you place square pots with the same plant together, they look so attractive and appealing.
- Secondly, they are space-saving. You can easily fit them in any corner of your home or other office premises.
- Thirdly, they tend to hold more soil as compared to round pots due to the advantage of edges.
As mentioned above, these square pots are available in a variety of materials and you can choose the one as per your choice or home décor. Let us see what range is available to you in these square pots.
- Ceramic – These are quite traditional ones. They are the earthen pots that are given a glazed look to make them more attractive. They are heated in a fire kiln to reduce their porous character and make them durable to withstand the harsh weather conditions. Though they look extremely elegant, they crack easily in low temperatures and are expensive as well.
- Wood – If we talk about an eco-friendly option, then wood is the best choice to opt for in square pots. Wood has the property to keep the roots cool and this is beneficial for plant growth. The only disadvantage is that they also tend to crack in extremely cold temperatures.
- Pressed Paper – This material is very ideal for making square pots. If you want to grow vegetables, then pots made out of pressed paper would be the best option to opt for. The pressed paper has the property to keep the roots cool and this helps in better plant growth. These pots are also eco-friendly, so they do not harm the environment.
- Coir – This material is made from coconut husk, so it’s an eco-friendly and cost-effective option for making square pots. You will find pots made out of coconut husk in various colors and designs to choose from.
- Concrete – Concrete square pots are quite popular these days as they exhibit a unique aesthetic appeal. They can withstand all climatic conditions but are quite heavy, so difficult to move from one place to another.
- Fiberglass – Fiberglass pots are made by adding some resin content to them. Sometimes clay is also added to improvise the texture of the pot. As opposed to concrete pots these are quite lightweight and can tolerate all harsh weather conditions.
- Metal – Square planter pots also come in metal. These pots are durable and last for a long time. They are also affordable and lightweight.
- Terracotta – Terracotta square pots are very much in demand as they are made with special clay and come in aesthetic designs and are affordable. They offer a natural eco-friendly environment for plants and are pleasing to the eye. The only disadvantage is that they can break easily.
- Non-toxic Plastic – They also come in non-toxic plastic which makes them plant-friendly. These are also easily available. The only thing is that you have to make sure that they are not made from normal plastic which may make them harmful for plants.
So, this was a basic guide entailing the benefits of square pots and various types of materials that are used to construct these pots. If you wish to add these beautiful pieces to your home interior, then make sure to buy them from an authentic supplier that can guarantee you reliability and good quality.